The last round of pre-Christmas interclub have been completed and results as follows:
Vets double pairs, another good result with two wins against Riccarton Racecourse last week, this week they took on Bowls Papanui winning both games and going through the competition undefeated – a great effort. This obviously finds themselves top of the section so will progress through to play offs next Monday.
Woman double pairs came away with three wins out of 4, coming right at the end of the competition.
Woman’s fives losing 2 – 0 to Kaiapoi Club.
Under 8 triples winning five of their four games, with the loss by one shot, a good finish to the season.
The following have progressed to play-off stage of their competitions.
· Men’s div one 3 x 4 – finals weekend 20/21 January
· Vets double pairs – 18 December @ Centre Green
· Under 8 div two fours – TBC
· Men’s Div four 3 x 4 winners of their division – WELL DONE !!!!
Saturday saw two teams contest the Centre fours, both teams coming through section play and will take the next step in the post section play on Saturday 16 December.
Men - Shayne Sincock, Nathan Glasson, Mark Schrader and Aaron Spillane
Woman – Ann Gray, Wendy Rogers, Fay Sampson & Di De Goldi
In the 7’s the men’s Div one and Woman’s Div two sides have been successful in winning their section’s and will progress through to the post section play on Sunday 17 December.
The other sides fought well in the first format of this kind for the seven’s.
Congratulations to all those that have progressed through to post section play.
· Final reminder – this Saturday 16 December, doors open @ 6.30pm, with happy hour 7.30pm to 8.30pm
· Entertainment provided by Elvis, Neil Diamond, maybe a little Barry Manilow and some fella Robbie Drew.
· $10 entry fee – includes a ticket in the raffle
· Please bring a plate of finger food.
· This will be a great night, it’s up to you to have some fun.
· Men’s Watson Shield – start date Saturday 27/1
· Men’s 3 x 3 (three bowls triples, ability to change positions within same team between ends) – start date Saturday 27/1
· Mixed – Manning cup – one team (two teams of four) – start date Saturday 27/1
· Woman’s 8 – Div1 as we came second in Div 2 last year (top two are automatically promoted). – start date Saturday 27/1
· Woman’s double triples – start date Wednesday 31/1
· Under 8 triples (3 bowls triples – 4 teams) – start date Saturday 27/1
· Under 8 Pairs (2,4,2 format – 7 teams) – start date Tuesday 25/1
· Vets 7’s – start date Monday 29/1
The green will be closed from December 23 until 6 January (this maybe revised depending upon weather, success of mud bath). Status will be shown on website, please check.
This may mean that you will need to reschedule some club champ games, some pressure to get some singles games out of the way.
A small fridge has be purchased and will be stocked with a small amount bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages.
Only to be used when bar is closed.
Prices $4.00 per beer, $2.00 per soft drink.
There will be a Saturday afternoon roll up this week 16/12.
$2 entry fee, be there at 12.30 for 1.00pm start.