AGM 25 June 10.00am at the clubrooms
Don't be shy, put your name forward, there are a number of roles available to be filled.
Roast Night - 2nd Lions test Saturday 1 July
We are looking to hold a social night at the club, two fold:
> A get together and have a roast dinner
> Support the All Blacks for the second test against the Lions
Put you name up on the notice board or contact Ross (phone or text) 0276 748230
Partners welcome, the more the merrier
Dinner served 5.30 - 6.00pm, clubrooms open from 4.00pm
Cost $15 per head
Belfast Prize Giving - Award Winners
Congratulations to all the award winners for the past season.
For those of you who could not make it here is a list of the winners:
Presidents Triples: Colin Taylor, Fay Sampson, Wendy Duder
Presidents 4's: Mark Schrader, Wayne Elley, Lorraine Columbus
Laurie Stead: Colin Taylor, Wendy Rogers, Graeme Hooper, Robbie Drew
Colts Women: Lyn Southon
Colts Men: Gary Southon
Junior Women: Jill Olesen
Junior Men: Steve Hurley
Womans Singles: Ann Gray
Mens Singles: Nathan Glasson
Womans Pairs: Monique Kerr, Di de Goldi
Mens Pairs: Kelvin Scott, Lance Pascoe
Womans Triples: Wendy Rogers, Monique Kerr, Di de Goldi
Mens Triples: Bryce Young, Steve Hurley, Gary Southon
Womans Fours: Fay Skurr, Anthea Wyllie, Noeline Wentworth, Jill Olesen
Mens Fours: Nathan Glasson, Shane Sincock, Steve Hurley, Steve O'Driscoll
Over 65's Player of the Year: Eric Allison
Most Improved Player: Aaron Spillane
Most Improved Woman: Jill Olesen
Volunteer of the Year: Murray Jones
Politian: Joint - Fay Skurr & Ann Gray
Armchair: Ken Gray
Leaner: Graeme Hooper
Adminitrator: Peter de Goldi
Person of the Year: Ross Groves
Player of the Year: Joint - Kelvin Scott a& Nathan Glasson
Please be aware there is a light fingered youth that has been breaking in to cars around the area. He may also be responsible for the keys to the padlock to the green going missing. We are considering a combination lock going forward.
Please be mindful of this if you are using in the car park, do not leave valuables in your car and ensure it is locked.
Police have been advised along with our neighbours as well.
We are also contacting the council in regard to the state of the drive way outside the clubrooms. Our neighbours are also making contact with the council.
Nominations for Executive Committee now open
As per the constitution nominations for the executive committee for the 2017/18 season are now open.
Nominations close 1 June 2017. Any notices of motion should also be made to the Secretary by 4 June.
2 x executive members.
Nominations maybe in writing addressed to the secretary or on forms by the results board in the clubrooms.
Nominations should be seconded and consent from nominee obtained.
Nominations are limited to full members, student members, or life members.
Expression of interest for non executive roles may also be made.
World Golden Oldies Bowls - April 2018
Special price for all bowlers affiliated to Canterbury Bowls
· Parade of Nations
· Welcome Party including entertainment, substantial finger food and an open bar
· Four days of play
· Finale Dinner and Awards Evening including entertainment, three course meal and an open bar
· ID lanyard displaying host status
· Festival souvenir
· Festival handbook
· Picnic Day in Hanmer Springs
· $95pp own transport includes entry into the thermal pools complex, entertainment, BBQ and an open bar.
· $165pp includes coach transfer, entry into the thermal pools complex, entertainment, BBQ and an open bar
SUPPORTERS are not required to purchase a package instead may buy tickets to functions.
· Welcome Party $85pp
· Finale Dinner $175pp
· Hanmer Springs $165pp including transport
· Hanmer Springs $95pp excluding transport
Enter before the 30th of April and go in to the draw to win a wonderful 5 days and 4 nights in Queenstown for 4 people. The prize includes the following for 4 people.
· • A rental car for travel to Queenstown and return or return domestic flights from Christchurch to Queenstown for four people
· • Four nights’ accommodation in the Rydges Lakeland Resort (or equivalent accommodation should Rydges be unavailable) – located on the shoreline of Lake Wakatipu boasting spectacular views across the water
· • Transfer to and from airport and accommodation
· • Trip up Bobs Peak on the Skyline Queenstown Gondola to enjoy award winning cuisine in the scenic Stratosphere Restaurant and Bar
· • Day cruise to Walter Peak on the iconic vessel, SS Earnslaw including a luncheon and entertainment.
· • An afternoon of Lawn Bowls at the Queenstown Lawn Bowls Club set in beautiful gardens alongside the spectacular Lake Wakatipu.